Saturday, January 16, 2010

It Is Good

One of the many hats I wear, as a family run small farm owner, is that of delegating.  It seems that in order to do everything else I am doing, I have delegated away the morning and evening chores.  What was I thinking!  I "filled in" this morning and was quickly reminded why we raise alpacas!  



I have missed the interaction with my sweet babies and the mothers that have come to know and trust me. There is just a sense of calm and peace in the barn like none other.


There is no stress raking poop into a pile, filling water troughs, and putting out feed. I stand at the door making sure I touch each alpaca, some need more space than others, as they eventually learn they can pass by me safely.



The fresh air is wonderful, I'm in the outdoors which I love but sometimes have a hard time venturing out in this time of year, and watching the alpacas interact is my kind of entertainment.





And I feel so blessed, despite the economy and lack of sales, to have this job I enjoy so very much.


From witnessing a new cria born into this world, to all the new things I've learned that I didn't know I'd need to know, to working with the fiber and having an outlet for my creativity. It is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment