Monday, February 22, 2010

Life Is Like A Box of Chocolates

I stayed up last night and watched Forrest Gump, what a great movie!  I turned it on in the middle, then watched it to the end, then when the movie started over watched the beginning.  Not a great way to watch a movie, but I had seen this one before.  I don't usually like to watch movies a second time but this one is definitely worth a second or third or fourth time through!

Forrest Gump (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition) 

I love this quote by Forrest Gump -
"Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get."

I found a website full of Forrest Gump Quotes.  I wish I could keep life so simple.


Alpacas do help us to keep life a little simpler.  Their needs are very basic and we enjoy the little things about them, their different personalities, the little ones playing, their curiosity, the anticipation of babies coming after almost a year of waiting.


They are not venturing out of the barn very far - there is no place to go with this deep snow.  They will be glad to see Spring, me too!

The picture on the left is Serenity and Dream, Unlimited Joy is on the right.


My daughter and I built a snowman yesterday.  We have had so much snow this winter, I'll take snow over brown and gray any day, but it really hasn't been very packable.  There is nothing like some warmer temperatures and a little rain to make the snow right for building a snowman!  In fact we built this guy in the rain!

 
So it's Monday morning.  I've rinsed some fiber that I dyed over the weekend, mixed dye for two new dye pots and put them on the stove to steam, loaded the dishwasher, wiped the counters, swept the floor, emptied the trash (no one else seems to notice when it is overflowing), cleaned up the cat vomit on the basement stairs, made the bed, read my meditations, put in a load of laundry, answer a few e-mails, see who had voted on my Winter Blues Treasury, and addressed an envelope so that I could mail my North Union Farmers Market application.

THEN,
 I ate breakfast, read an article in my Alpaca Magazine, showered, and got dressed!  I usually like to be dressed before I tackle the day, but it didn't happen that way today.  There definitely are perks to working out of my home, but there are challenges, like keeping on task for instance.

Working from Home 

By the way, my farmers market, alpaca show, and fiber festival schedule is now posted under News on our website. So is our Birthing Schedule, our first two babies are due mid-April! 

These are a couple of our babies born in the past, Meiko on the left and Marshall on the right.
It is an exciting time and so amazing to me each and every time that the birth of a baby happens just the way it is supposed to - a miracle every time!

In the dye pot today, I'm using Azalea, Daisy, Cornflower, and Hibiscus, colors from the Gaywool collection.  I am dyeing suri from an alpaca named Stormy Night.  Be sure to check back to see how it turns out.  Once thoroughly dry, I will package it in bags of 8 ounces for sale at upcoming shows.  I will also list it in The Farm Store on our website and in my Etsy Shop.



If you are wanting to try Gaywool dyes, you might want to experiment with the Try Gaywool Kits on our website. They also are available in jars of 100 grams (3.52 ounces) and 80 grams (3.82 ounces).


This is the yarn produced from the dye kit pictured.  It is a sport weight 100% suri alpaca, very lustrous and silky.

No comments:

Post a Comment