Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fiber Show, Chicago Time

Well, it is 5:30am and I am up!  The only problem is I am in Chicago sharing a hotel room with my husband and daughter, and it's just 4:30am here ...  I found coffee, a newspaper, and a little Business Center with a computer so I am set. 

I am here to be a vendor at the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Show at Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake, Illinois.  It is a three day show and sounds wonderful, with lots of vendors, classes, workshops, give-aways, demonstrations, garment competitions, even a fashion show!


Today is set-up day.  We are assigned set-up times according to where our booth is located.  I'm scheduled at 9:15, should be finished by noon if not sooner, then we plan on taking the train into the city.  My husband's sister lives here so we plan on spending the rest of the day with her, checking out Navy Pier, the Sears Tower, the Magnificent Mile, and whatever else we stumble upon. 

It will be a working vacation, mostly working, but it is great to have a little get-away and change of scenery.  My daughter will have a chance to get to know her cousins who she hasn't see in years!

Experience Chicago: a travel guide (2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment